AgapeFest 2014 Battle of the Bands Official Rules and Regulations
When: Saturday April 5th, 2014
Where: Greenville College
- Friday, February 21st: Announce competition and begin accepting song submissions.
- March 20- Submission period closes
- March 21- Agape Committee selects bands that will move on to compete.
- April 5- B.O.B Competition @ Greenville College (judges will determine winners on the same day)
- April 26- AgapeFest 2014!
Rules and Regulations:
- In order to enter the competition, each band must submit one original song as well as a brief band bio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify whether or not your submitted song is a cover or an original piece.
- A panel of judges will review all of the submissions and determine who moves on to compete on April 5th.
- For this competition, no solo acts or DJ’s will be considered.
- Bands who advance to the competition on April 5th will be asked to perform a 3 song set.
- All 3 songs in the set must be originals.
- Bands must submit a legible lyric sheet for all original pieces.
- Greenville College/AgapeFest will not be held accountable for broken equipment/instruments, injuries, or any other negative events that occur at the competition and/or at the festival.
*Please note the starting and ending dates for the song submission period. No late submissions will be considered.
***There is no limit on how many bands can apply. All entries submitted on time will be considered***
BAND SELECTION PROCESS:
PHASE 1: February 21 — March 20: Submission Process
- Bands will submit a brief band bio along with 1 original song to specified AgapeFest email account. A panel of judges will review the submissions at the end of the period to determine who moves on to the next round.
PHASE 2: March 21: Selection Day
- Judge panel will select and notify the bands that will advance to the competition. The panel will contact each band by no later than March 28th to schedule performance times. The panel will also determine the order in which bands can select their performance times based on the overall quality of their song submission. Once performance times are finalized, we will not accept any requests to change times. In the event that your band cannot perform in the competition, please contact AgapeFest as soon as possible.
PHASE 3: April 5: Battle of the Bands Competition Day!
- Selected bands will compete in the battle of the bands competition on April 5th, 2014 at Greenville College. All bands will be asked to bring their own instruments/gear (with the exception of drums. Greenville College will provide a drum kit). As mentioned before, bands must submit a legible lyric sheet for all original songs being performed (all songs must be originals).
Bands will be judged according to the following criteria:
1) Overall Performance – was it an enjoyable experience for all those watching? 2) Sound Quality – are the vocals clear? Do the musicians know their instruments?
3) Set list Variety – Did all the songs sound the same? (Hopefully not)
4) Arrangement and creativity of original music. 5) Personality/Stage presence 6) Professionalism – is the band taking the competition seriously? Have they interacted well with all Agape staff, crew, judges, etc?
WHAT’S AT STAKE!?
The first and second place winners will both have the opportunity to perform at AgapeFest 2014 on April 26th. The second place winner will earn a spot to perform on the outdoor second stage. The first place winner will have the opportunity to perform on the main stage inside the Family Arena. In addition, the winning band will be entered into the Christian Festival Association and have the chance to perform at other Christian music festivals around the country.